One of the most often asked questions in any Ozark fan group is “When is the Ozark Season 3 release date?”
We finally have a date! Ozark season 3 will be released Friday, March 27th on Netflix. Here’s everything we know to get you psyched for next season!
Ozark Wins at the Emmy Awards
At the 2019 Emmy Awards, Jason Bateman snagged the Best Director in a Drama Series award and his reaction was priceless!
Julia Garner also won! She received the Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her portrayal of Ruth Langmore. She beat out a bunch of Game of Thrones actresses. Well-deserved!
Where to See the Actors While Waiting for Ozark S3
If you just can’t wait any longer to see your favorite Ozark actors, here’s where you can find them right now:
Jason Bateman: Arrested Development on Netflix; The Outsider, a Stephen King adaptation coming to HBO Jan 12th!
Laura Linney: Tales of the City on Netflix.
Julia Garner: Maniac on Netflix; Dirty John on Bravo; Modern Love on Prime Video.
Skyler Gaertner: Daredevil (young Matt Murdock) on Netflix.
Where is Ozark filmed?
Many people think Ozark is actually filmed in Lake of the Ozarks. But it’s absolutely not. The show is filmed in Georgia, mostly at Lake Allatoona and Lake Lanier, but also at Stone Mountain Park and other locations around Atlanta.
Shannon has traveled to Georgia to see several Ozark filming locations. Here’s the Blue Cat Lodge:
And the casino riverboat:
And the Byrde’s house, where there was actual filming going on!
What New Characters Will Be in Ozark S3?
- Helen and Darlene have been bumped up to series regulars, so expect more from them!
- Madison Thompson (NCIS New Orleans) will join Ozark’s third season in the role of Erin, Helen’s teenage daughter.
- New series regulars include Tom Pelphrey (Ward Meachum in Iron Fist) and Jessica Frances Dukes (Trish Walker’s shopping channel show partner in Jessica Jones). No word on the characters these two will play.
- Joseph Sikora and Felix Solis have also been cast in recurring roles.
- We’ve heard that Wendy’s brother is going to show up this season.
Are you ready to re-watch or recap Ozark Season 2? Check out more of our Ozark podcast here!
What We Know About Ozark’s S3 Story Line
- S3 will start after a 6-month time jump. Jason Bateman said in an interview, “The casino is up and running, and that provides us with more opportunities, both positive and negative, some that are tempting and some that are calming. That affects the family in interesting ways, and certainly the relationship that Marty has with Wendy.”
- Write Chris Mundy had this to say about Ruth: “Going into season three, we see her very much wanting to be a member of the Byrde family. However, as she gets deeper and deeper into the enterprise, she starts to wonder if being a Byrde is the best thing to be.”
- Expect a lot to happen on the casino boat – the filming location was pretty substantial so it seems they did a lot of filming there.
- With Petty and Cade dead, who will be the new antagonist? Darlene? Mafia? Wendy?
- It looks like Wendy is set to go all Walter White!
We’d love to hear your ideas on what might happen in Season 3. Tell us what you think of the following:
- Will Darlene keep the baby?
- Will Charlotte come back to the family?
- Who will be the biggest badass this season – Wendy? Ruth? Darlene? Helen? Someone else?
Contact us (see below) with your answers and we’ll include them in our next podcast!
Please follow us @stingerpodcast everywhere!