This week, we want to help you take the edge off. You’re tired and stressed, so we invite you to grab a glass of wine, a beer, some eggnog, shot of tequila – whatever strikes your fancy – and kick back, relax, and enjoy some fun entertainment conversation!
7:00 What are we watching?
- Broadchurch: Shannon watched the 3rd season. Still loved it. Highly recommend this show!
- Narcos: Shannon watched a few more episodes, but it’s getting a little less exciting now.
- Alias Grace: Fadra & Shannon discuss WTF happens at the end!? (There are spoilers.)
- Dark: New on Netflix and very intense. There’s SO much going on. It’s quite good but Shannon is concerned that they won’t wrap it up and answer questions in the end.
- Shannon is current with Riverdale, The Gifted, and The Walking Dead this season. Big news on the Walking Dead!
- Fadra has finished Season 5 of The Walking Dead and discusses her thoughts on the recent episodes.
- Voyeur: Fadra watched this documentary and says it’s… interesting.
21:00 Last movie seen?
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation: Shannon finally watched it for the first time and didn’t love it. But nostalgia plays a big role, so she thinks she might have liked it more back in the 90s.
- Fadra and her family have watched Christmas Vacation, Elf, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and Charlie Brown Christmas.
- Shape of Water: Fadra got to preview this movie. She didn’t love it, but calls it a “fully immersive experience.”
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri: Fadra loved this movie and thinks it’s one of the best she’s seen in years! Oscar-worthy! Go see it!
30:40 What’s Coming Up?
- The Disaster Artist: About Tommy Wiseau and his movie “The Room” which is known as “the greatest bad movie ever made.”
- I, Tonya: The story of Tonya Harding. Fadra says it looks hilarious, in a sad way. Allison Janney stars.
- Downsizing and Ladybird are also coming out soon.
- Disney made a deal with Fox to acquire most of their TV and film production and distribution businesses. Disney will now have the rights to X-Men – which could be so great! X-Men join the Avengers? X-Men vs. the Avengers?
Stinger Topic of the Week: Wine and Conversation
36:10 Random questions and fun!
- What is the best series you’ve watched in 2017? (The OA and Ozark)
- Who’s your least favorite actor? (Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman, Tom Cruise)
- Favorite TV show or movie you watched endlessly with your toddler? (Little Einsteins, Thomas the Tank Engine, Scooby Doo, Blues Clues)
- Word Association: Fadra & Shannon give each other 10 names. Listen in – it’s fun!
- If you were an actress – who would you be? What actress would you like to be like?
Guess what? We’re publishing a minisode to talk about Star Wars: The Last Jedi next week (12/26)! Go see the movie and listen in!
We love to hear from our listeners and fellow tv and movie fans, so if you want to chat with us or suggest a topic, please email us at email@example.com.
If you know someone who loves movies and TV, please tell them about Stinger! And if YOU enjoy our podcast, we’d love for you to leave us a review on iTunes!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and join our Facebook discussion group – where we talk ALL WEEK LONG about the latest in entertainment. And of course you can find us at @stingerpodcast on Twitter and Instagram.